Neutral Labs is on a mission to develop devices that have an aspect of uniqueness and are sonically useful, easy to build, aesthetically pleasing and affordable.
And we also care about:
While it doesn't have a significant ecological impact globally, relatively speaking, the construction of electronic audio devices for private purposes still leaves a certain footprint regarding carbon dioxide through shipping, hazardous materials during manufacturing, waste through packaging and in other areas. Neutral Labs recognises that far too little is currently being done to combat the climate crisis and widespread environmental damage, and remains committed to help in small or big ways where possible.
- certified biodegradable paper packaging or reused materials (except for ESD protective packaging – please get in contact if you have a viable alternative)
- use of renewable raw material (bamboo, oak and bioplastic made from sugar cane) for synth cases
- 100% carbon neutral electricity in our own lab
- 100% carbon neutral shipping
- lead-free PCBs and front panels
- lead-free, fairly and sustainably produced solder (Stannol HS10 Fair and Felder SAC305 Ecotin)
- USB powered synth means no additional power adapter needed
- many components locally sourced in Europe
Neutral Labs is committed to free sharing of intellectual property:
- All published schematics and PCB designs can be used freely for any private or educational purpose, but not commercially.
- All open-source code can be used under the license found in the code repository.
- All audio samples, software audio instruments and software audio effects by Neutral Labs can be used free of charge in any way and for any purpose. This includes commercial use. No attribution is required.
- The name “Neutral Labs” as well as the logo cannot be used for commercial purposes.
If you’re unsure about usage terms, please ask: [email protected].